Learning how to keep a dog cool in summer is a vital step to help prevent them overheating and developing heat stroke. Heatstroke is a real killer and even is you know how to cool a dog down quickly and get them to the vet straight away there is a real chance of death.
Prevention (as always) is much better than cure and learning how to keep your dog cool in summer will help make sure that your dog remains both happy and healthy in hot weather.
How to keep your dog cool:
1. Access to plenty of water (can add ice)
folding bowl – https://prf.hn/l/KmAxgld
water bottle and bowl – https://prf.hn/l/75mYBqo
2. Use a fan
crate fan for the house and car – https://amzn.to/36IL3KQ
3. cooling collar, cold wrap, cooling mat
cooling vest wrap -https://prf.hn/l/7BdDggD
4. frozen treats
5. booties for hot ground – https://prf.hn/l/7xOkZdG
6. sprinkler, paddling pool
8. weight loss
10. early morning/late evening exercise only
11. never leave your dog in a parked car